Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2024

RSC24 - Week #24

 Blue, blue, blue . . . and other colors too!


The border pieces are all ready for assembly on this blue and white quilt.  The Flying Geese in the border were made with the trimmed off corners of the blocks. It has taken me longer than expected to get this quilt to the flimsy stage, mostly because I keep getting distracted with other projects.  That just normal for me.


Night Vision is one of several different block sets I currently have going on with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  But it's definitely one of my favorites.  


This week I made Night Vision with 3 shades of blue - light, medium, and dark but bright.  I've been making 3 blocks each month with the color chosen but also did an extra one this month in peach because I had the peach pieces cut last month with the pink ones.  That means there are 19 blocks so far, and I really like how those colors spin when I lay them out together.


The bonus pinwheels are really cute.  These are 4.5" square, and I really have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet.  But they go into the project box with the blocks each month, and I'll figure out what to do with them eventually.


Usually the Brighten blocks I've made for RSC have used prints that are predominantly the color of the month, but as I poked through the scraps for blue, I came across that floral.  It has blue in it so I went with it.  When I hung these new blocks with the others I realized I never made any pink ones last month, which was easily remedied. 


Because I have pink scraps still out as I work on the strawberry blocks, it was easy to make one pink Brighten block right away.  Actually, I made 2 more pink ones yesterday but forgot to photograph them.   Because these are only about 8" square I'll need a lot of them to make a decent sized quilt.  There are 29 of them right now.  

So, my RSC block sets are steadily growing.  Which set will be the next one to become a flimsy?

I'm linking up with the RSC world today . . .

11 comments:

Nann said...

(Do you write your posts the evening before, or do you get up really early?)
Your blue projects are a wonderful variety! I scrolled back to see the pattern for Shibori Blues -- great way to show off large prints.
Have a good weekend.

Kate said...

Your blue and white quilt is really coming together. Those night vision blocks are going to make a very cool quilt. Happy stitching this weekend.

Vicki in MN said...

Maybe you could incorporate the bonus pinwheels from Night Vision into the backing of that quilt.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The night vision blocks are very interesting and really look good when they're all set together. Have fun with your variety of blocks, happy stitching!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I agree. I love Night Vision, too. What a great block pattern. You know I can't resist letting those rainbow colors pop against a strong black and white secondary pattern.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the layout of those brightly colored blocks you are working on.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Night Vision makes such a neat design when you lay all the blocks out together! I'm loving that one. I'm guessing the Brighten blocks will, too. And such a fun strawberry! Are you making a whole quilt of strawberries?

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Oh, so much eye candy here! All your blocks are amazing. I especially love the night vision blocks, I'm making a version of them with my 3-D flying geese but with a much simpler color scheme.

Chantal said...

I'm loving these Night Vision blocks group photos. It's awesome that you get a dark pinwheel and a light pinwheel from each block. So many possibilities for them to be turned into. Your strawberry looks really good. Yum! Enjoy! ;^)

Jenny said...

Your Night Vision blocks are new to me, and will make a wonderful rainbow quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome progress on your RSC block collections, Sara!!