I'm very late getting a post up this morning. We had a houseful of family coming and going all weekend, and I must admit that I never gave a thought to my own sewing plans for the week until early this morning when I was drinking my first cup of coffee.
Granddaughter Sophia was with us for the week, and she actually got 3 projects sewn while she was here. First we shopped for fabric at both quilt shops in town. She made a pillowcase and drawstring bag with fabric from one shop. At the other shop she picked up some Halloween fabric for this 3-yard quilt. The top is done, and she did a great job on it. She did all the sewing, and most of the cutting and pressing. I did do a lot of pinning to match seams for her while she sewed.
On Saturday I spent the day at a class to learn how to do Flying Geese using the Stripology ruler. It was a fun class and my little wall hanging is done to the flimsy stage.
There was a storm brewing on Saturday evening, missing us but both daughters' towns took a direct hit by wind that took out the giant tree in one daughter's front yard. Miraculously it missed their house and all the neighbors' houses, but did get fall on a neighbor's Jeep across the street. You can see in the photo it uprooted and fell diagonally across the neighbor's yard and out into the street. It also tore the electrical services off the house. But no one was hurt - and they were actually at our house so there was nothing they could do until getting home yesterday. They had power restored last night, but will still have tree debris to deal with. The other daughter's family is dealing with AC issues right in the midst of our 100 degree plus days, which isn't pleasant either. The joys of home ownership!!
So - that brings me to this week's design wall - that today only holds 2 project goals. One goal is to finish a little stitching on the guild DIY Round Robin, and to get the gift bag organized to give away to one lucky participant. Our reveal is this Saturday at our guild meeting. I'll share some photos next week after the reveal.
My other goal is to get started on the Windy Day project from my UFO list. This will be a wall hanging, rather than a whole quilt. The pattern was free to download from the Tilda's World web site, I'm using part of the fabric bundle I've had in the stash of Tilda prints. There will be a lot more fabric leftover than used on this small project, so I'll have to dream up some other way to use these pretty florals.
I'm linking up today with:
No comments:
Post a Comment