Pages

Monday, August 10, 2026

Design Wall Monday - August 10

I'll be away from my sewing machine for a few days this week, as I'm on a little road trip with a daughter and granddaughter.  I've been whining all summer about never getting more than 100 miles from home.  But this morning we're hitting the road for Omaha.  We'll be staying with a niece, and attending a concert while we're there.


Right now the main thing on my design wall is finishing the Tilda/Denim floor pillow.  A little simple quilting was all that pillow front needed.  I'm hoping to get the binding hand stitched in the car while on this road trip.  I have a small tote I'm taking with me that has hand stitching - this binding, and binding on the Windy Days wall hanging as well. 

I've scheduled a couple of things to post while I'm gone, and hopefully I'll have some fun things to report when I get home again.

I'm linking up today with:

https://songbirddesigns.blog 

11 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Awesome that you are getting away for a few days!! I look forward to hearing about your adventure.

Chantal said...

Have fun on your trip with family members. I hope the thunderstorms will skip over the towns you will be in. Enjoy! ;^)

Delighted Hands said...

The trip will do you a world of good! Happy hand stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your road trip sounds like fun - have a great time! Looking forward to seeing that pillow finish!

Churn Dash said...

Nice to haves ome hand work whilst you get away. Hope you have great time!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun on your getaway!

cityquilter grace said...

have a great trip...i've been whining myself about no fun all summer...such is life with no car...(sigh)

Bonnie said...

And maybe you'll find a quilt store to visit too! Have fun on your road trip,

Nann said...

Safe travels! Have fun!

Kate said...

Have a fun trip!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Safe travels. Glad you are able to get away. Enjoy your trip!