Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2026

RSC26 - Week #33


There was little time for sewing this week, except for this 1 block for Marigold, the mystery project from Meadow Mist.  I have the August blocks all cut out, but this is the only one that I actually sewed.  I'll have a little time to sew this morning hopefully before I go pick up a granddaughter this afternoon.  


Some time for cutting RSC block pieces did happen however.  The parts are all cut for the 2 Honey Bee blocks.  They are on a design board - waiting for time to sew.


And the parts are cut for all 4 of the Scrappy Stars blocks. 

We'll have 3 grandkids here until Monday.  The boys plan to golf and fish with grandpa.  And Olivia and I will do a very first sewing lesson with the fabric she picked out on our Omaha trip this week.  We'll begin with the pillowcase, and if there is time - and she likes sewing - we'll work on a table runner she picked out.

Let's go check out more Rainbow fun . . .

10 comments:

Kate said...

I didn't get started on the Marigold Mystery blocks till yesterday and just have the background cut out. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your blocks. Hope you got in a good bit of sewing before the invasion.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice projects with golden colors! I do like your bee blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a grandma and grandpa weekend right before school starts! Have fun! I like your yellow and red star for the Marigold Mystery. I'll enjoy seeing where that goes!

Chantal said...

You're having a memory-making weekend with the grandkids. Hope you have ton of fun and then, ton of sewing with Olivia. Enjoy! ;^)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

That Honey Bee block is so cute! Great fun having your 3 GKs over! And some sewing in the plans, too!

Sue said...

Oooo, I've been waiting for the yellow honey bees! They are going to be cute. Have fun with the sewing lesson & hope it all goes well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun sewing with Olivia, I hope she enjoys her project! I am sure the boys will have fun too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the yellow with the red looks perfect.

Dreaming said...

A pillow case is a great first project! Have fun - I know you will.

Vicki in MN said...

I hope she liked sewing so you can continue sharing your love of it.