EDIT: The eye procedure went well yesterday, but it was good that I had written this post early. Blurry vision was the norm for awhile. And happens again each time I put in the ointment needed for the next week. But that's a minor inconvenience.
This week, there are finishes but I warn you - they are small.
The autumn themed mini banner is done. It's only 10 x 26 - small. I now have 4 seasonal banners, and they fit perfectly hanging on that narrow space in my home office. I may need to eventually add a couple more to the collection for specific holidays.
Have you tried the Diamond Dot craze yet? I just had to dive in this summer and give it a try. One of my friends has done dozens of various diamond projects large and small. Both of my granddaughters love doing these too. I began with some Patriotic greeting cards decorated with the diamonds in mid summer. Then I saw these cute 4" snowman on Amazon, and couldn't resist ordering them. For the past couple of weeks they've been on my desk. A couple of hours here and there - and Voila!!
Currently they have a little lobster clasp from the kit so they could be key chains, but I'm planning to change those clasps to ribbons and hang them on the Christmas tree instead. I still don't think I have the patience to do really large projects, but now I'm confident I can do the sewing themed picture I got last winter as a Secret Santa gift.
I have 2 quilts ready to bind, so maybe next Friday will have some bigger finishes to report.
For more finishes, please visit: https://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/
10 comments:
love your little autumn hanging...and such cute snowmen as well..i am not trying any new crafts...i could get hooked...lol
Glad your eye procedure went well. Your banner is cute. That’s a great way to seasonally change your wall decor for a small space. I bought a bigger diamond art piece on sale but haven’t made it. What does one do with it once it’s made? Frame it? I love your little keychains/ornaments; much more practical.
Big or small, a finish is a finish. Pretty little fall wall quilt, Sara. Your diamond dot snowmen are really cute and they would look great as tree ornaments. Glad it all went well at the ophthalmologist.
Glad it went well with your eye. Whether big or small a finish is a win win! I have seen the diamond dot stuff, but I have not even given it a thought, but oh I love your snowmen!
Glad the healing will begin now that the procedure is over! the banner is very sweet! I love doing Dotz--I've enjoyed the large and the small!
I'm so glad your eye procedure went well! The Autumn wall-hanging is so fun - you've got the perfect spot for that tall and narrow shape. I've seen the Diamond Dot projects, but never tried it myself. Those little snowmen are adorable, and a good size, too!
I agree with Astrid. Sara, Bravo for the finishes, regardless of size. The little banner is so cute and you have a great spot to showcase your banners. Love the little snowmen. I'm a sucker for snowmen. Turning them in to tree decorations is a great idea. Happy that the eye procedure went well. Hope all gets back to 'normal' soon. ;^)
I love your seasonal hanging. I have a tiny spot by my front door that would be perfect for that size. Hmmmm....I need another project (said no quilter ever! LOL) I caught the Diamond Dot craze a few years ago. It caused my tennis elbow to flare up! I found it very addictive!
Your fall mini turned out beautifully. Those little snowmen are very cute and will make very fun ornaments. They'd be really cute strung up in a pennant. Hope your eye is healing quickly.
your snowmen look great
Post a Comment