It was mostly in short bursts of time, but more purple came out to play this week.
Most important was getting the Who Found the Catnip block finished. That middle kitty is the most fun, and nearly used up the little scrap I had left. I'm in love with these blocks.
OK - yes, I got totally carried away with the Tulip Swirl blocks. There were so many pretty purple chunks in the scrap bag and I just kept cutting. LOL There is no plan yet for these 4" blocks, but they'll work nicely somewhere. There are still a few parts and pieces in other colors laying on the design board, waiting to be sewn. And there is a good sized stack in a small basket ready to become happy scrappy blocks.
One Snail Trail block a day, and these 4 were finally done and off the design board they occupied. The top lighter purple is actually a Halloween print. The dark one here is a batik that looks kind of like corduroy.
This second dark one is also a batik. I'm actually surprised at just how much purple I have in my stash and in my scraps.
In an effort to catch up with the Ticker Tape blocks, I got 5 red ones made this week. That brings red up to the 9 I want for each color. A 9th yellow one and 3 more pink ones also were added to the collection. Since I want 9 of each - for now - I'll keep working on them. There is a big collection of patriotic RWB Ticker Tape blocks too.





No comments:
Post a Comment