Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

The Busy Beehives

Monday didn't provide much sewing time, but there are 2 blocks to report.  Grocery shopping, some household chores, middle school cross country, and 5th grade flag football pretty much filled up the day.


Lori Holt designs such cute whimsical blocks, and her Farm Girl Vintage books are some of my favorite GO TO pattern books.  Busy Beehive is from FGV2.  These should go really nicely with the Honey Bee blocks, also from her books.

I debated about making that top section with the colors keeping the alternate arrangement.  But then decided the bee print was a better focus if I put it next to the previous one.  The doors and hearts came directly from the 2.5" square scrap bin.  The 2 gold prints were from stash.  


Now I need to choose which Circle of Nine layout I want to use, and what colors to make the spacers and borders.  And do I want both quilts to be arranged the same?  I'm looking for input and ideas from everyone. 


Monday morning I finally got around to switching the seasons on my front porch. It's kind of a hodge podge of fall (silk) flowers and needs a bit of rearranging yet.  But at least it's not still red, white, and blue.  I probably should pull out those purple ones. 

No comments: