Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's raining AGAIN



It's raining again today! I am in desperate need of some sunshine and blue skys!!!! Will summer never arrive in South Dakota?

For the past 2 weeks we've had cold (50 degree) days - with drizzle/downpour/fog. I'm sick of gloomy weather. Usually in South Dakota in June we are having lovely 80+ degree days.

Yesterday - the fog had lifted by noon - and we had a very brief afternoon of sunshine. I'm sure glad I took advantage of it and played 18 holes of golf with my husband while I had the chance.

I guess today is a good day to stay home with my quilting projects to keep me warm and dry. At least the flowers on my deck enjoy the wet weather. I've never had a hibiscus plant before, but it looks beatiful, even with raindrops on the petals.

1 comment:

ARC said...

Hi Sarah, I wish you could sent some rain our way - our dams are really low, and there is the constant fear of more dangerous fires next summer. I hope you were able to get a lot of quilting done!