Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not enough time

It has been a crazy week and quilting wasn't very high on my priority list this week. I still have the binding to put on my daughter's bunny table runner, and I have LOTS of xblocks left to make for that quilt. I did get together on Monday night with friends Sylvia and Marilyn to make some bags. I had made 2 of the grommet bags already, and so they used my pattern and each made a bag for themselves. I just guided them through the process while they cut, pressed, and sewed. I saw Sylvia's bag today and she added a small ruffle and some buttons - so cute!


Since I don't have any new projects to show you, I thought I would post of picture of a WIP that I just finished up at the beginning of the summer.
The Pincushion Quilt Shop here in Mitchell has been doing a block of the month program for years, called Saturday Sampler. We did these basket and flower blocks during 2008-09. We could choose from 2 color ways: a batik or 1930's fabrics. I chose the batik and changed the background from a light fabric to black. The appliqued flower blocks were optional.
This was one of those projects that definitely grew on me after it was finished. When I looked at the blocks as we finished them, I just couldn't see how they would look good together. But once I laid them all out - suddenly the quilt took on a whole different look. And I definitely like it.
I quilted it on Sylvia's Qbot machine with a large stipple and bound it with the same lavendar/blue batik I used on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment