Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

A small project finished





This cute little quilt is headed for Virginia this week, as an overdue baby gift for one of my cousins. I hope Levi enjoys his quilt as much as his big brother Lukas has enjoyed his.

It was our 2009 Saturday Sampler project, called Favorite Things and all done with 2.5 inch strips. We did 10 blocks, but I just used 9 of them for this project. My fabric choice was all polka dots, and I even added dotted sashing and a dotted back, which is pieced.

I had it quilted by Carli at The Pin Cushion a week ago, and finally got the binding done yesterday while watching the Minnesota Twins on TV. It should be in the mail tomorrow.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great Sara. I'm sure Levi will just love it.

woolyjooly said...

My nephew's parents will be thrilled, too. It's just a beautiful, whimsical quilt. Thanks from auntie Julie for this wonderful gift to Levi!