Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jacob's Ladder blocks



Jacob's Ladder is one of my favorite blocks - right up there with stars and pinwheels. This is block #5 of this year's Saturday Sampler. All of the blocks are 12.5".


As I've mentioned before, I chose to go with a traditional colorway this year because I needed to step out of my comfort zone, which is brighter colors.


However I'm also making a second set of blocks to satisfy my craving for brights. That set of blocks is black and white with a bright accent. Each of the first 4 blocks just had one bright color added, but in this one I used 4 (purple, blue, green, yellow). And I'm loving the looks of both sets so far.


Each month we can opt to make a bonus block and enter a drawing to win them all. This month was black and white with brights. How ironic!! So I made 2 identical B/W/Br blocks - one to keep and one to enter into the bonus block drawing. Maybe I'll win some pretty blocks!

No comments: