Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fat Quarter Stars - block 10



Block 10 in the Fat Quarter Stars quiltalong is complete in both fabric lines. Another fun and simple block. this one was designed by Michelle Foster of the Quilting Gallery website. I really like the rounded effect that the block has.

In the Ellie II version, I cut the little corner on the bias because I just had to make the stripe look like it radiated out of the center like the sides did. It was so small however that it didn't stretch. I like the result.

The Terrain version gave me the first opportunity to use the fun purple fabric that is in the center. The geometric design seemed lost in most of the early blocks, but this center is 6.5" square, so it worked out perfectly.





1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a fantastic block. Love your fabrics and that design. Great how you get a feeling of roundness but when you look at it closely there is only straight lines. Great job!