Saturday, September 14, 2013

Applique is done

I finished all of the blanket stitching on the flowers today for this wall hanging, so the applique is complete.  I still may add some butterflies or dragonflies to it, but can't quite decide. I took this to the Wash Tub Club today (a great group of quilters who love 1930s fabrics) and asked for some ideas for finishing it. Lots of ideas to play with.

But no matter what I end up adding to it, I'm really pleased to have used a set of Saturday Sampler blocks that were about 10 years old.  They made a great background.

3 comments:

  1. It is fun to bounce ideas off of others. You are making wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Sara! Such lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete