Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Favorite new sewing notion

Numbered pins have become my new favorite notion, especially when trying to keep strip sets in the right order.  These are just terrific!


The strip sets are for a Spicy Spiral table runner with a Halloween theme.  I made a patriotic version of the Spicy Spiral a couple of years ago and just knew I wanted to make another one. Too much time on Pinterest (in the middle of the night when I had insomnia) - and I've found several color schemes I liked. But my decision was easy and I just had to pull 8 fun Halloween fat quarters.  Can't wait to start cutting the wedges from these strip sets.



3 comments:

Nancy said...

I use a Sharpie to mark on the heads of my pins. I use letters and numbers to help me stay organized.

Quiltingranny said...

These are great Sara! I have used curved pins with alphabet beads as well. These are really cool and probably more cost effective!

Moneik said...

The colors look great. I'm enthralled with my bargello's right now, so very similar concept.