Pages

Monday, August 20, 2018

Design Wall Monday - back to a UFO



With a morning off work, I pulled this UFO back out.  It's one of the August options on my APQ UFO Challenge list.  The only thing on the center section that still needed done was to applique the 5 red birds.  I've been using a simple blanket stitch on these applique pieces.

Then I rethreaded my machine and stitched up the top section and the bottom section.  Those side sections will be next. Several sashing pieces need to be added as well, but I'm starting to get excited about having this one getting closer to being a completed top.  It's very overcast again today so the lighting isn't showing the colors very well, but this will be a cheery Christmas-y quilt.



Let's all see what is on other Design Walls today:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Nann said...

I've been working with cardinals and green, too. I like this design!

Judy D in WA said...

Such a fun, fun quilt!

Vicki in MN said...

I really really like this one. I went through a birdhouse phase several years ago, thought I was done with that, but maybe not!! I think just the center would make a great wall hanging!

Ramona said...

It’s adorable! I’d be excited about getting it finished, too.

Tired Teacher said...

I love this cheerful quilt. The design is very attractive, and I agree with Vicki that the center would make a nice wall hanging.

Moneik said...

Great job Sara! Mine have been at a stand still until my quilting machine is fixed.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh what a fun quilt - the applique looks great!