Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Oh My Stars - finished



Oh My Stars is a free Pat Sloan pattern that went viral online a year or so ago, and I finally got my version made.  I absolutely LOVE it.  The pattern is based upon 2 charm packs along with the star fabric of choice.  I added the wide border because I wanted it bigger and it makes the squares and stars float on a snowbank.  Note: My blue charms have a snowman theme. 


I have to thank my readers for all of the great suggestions for colors to make my stars pop - a huge improvement from my original plan of dark blue stars - so boring.  The stars needed to be more special and this dark gold was perfect to fit in with the dusty blues.  I would never have thought of using the gold on my own, but I'm sure glad Nancy suggested it. 

My binding is gold as well.  And the quilting that Bonnie did is exquisite with snowflakes and swirls!!  She used a dark gold thread so it is really showcased on the front, but also looks fabulous on the navy blue back.  

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very nice quilt....

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love it! The photos really show the beautiful quilting.

Vicki in MN said...

It sparkles and shines beautiful. The gold stars pop just right and the quilting is perfect!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is just beautiful!