Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Frustration-relief sewing

Working from home has its advantages and disadvantages.  This morning I'm appreciating the advantages, because I spent at least 90 minutes trying - unsuccessfully, mind you - to manipulate thousands of numbers in a spreadsheet AND THEN discovered that nothing had worked because the engineer had "locked and protected" that spreadsheet and then sent it to me to work on.  My frustration level was pretty high.  So - I sent it back to him and went down to my sewing room for some stress release.  Very handy to be able to walk from my office to my happy place in 1 minute.  


I had the background all cut for that Sew Vintage challenge project, and it didn't take long to cut the tree pieces.  The background has tiny colored squares sprinkled on white.  It's looking very cute with the tree fabrics, and should look great with the red car too.  This is an adorable Lori Holt pattern, and I'm excited about working on it.


I also finished that second purple Twinkle Star block for RSC20.  I used mostly the same bunch of scraps for both blocks, so they do look a lot alike.  Some of the other color blocks have lots of variety of scraps in them.  But I just used the purples that were already pulled out for the other RSC blocks. 


Now I'm back at my desk and waiting for the engineer to send me the spreadsheet back - unlocked, so I can do what he asked with the data.  So far he has responded once to say he didn't think it was locked, so I just directed him to the correct spot and pointed out the yellow padlock icons.  Maybe I'll just have to go back downstairs and work on that challenge project some more if he can't figure out how to unlock the data.  HEE HEE!!
 

10 comments:

Kimberly Smith said...

I'd say the proper response is to take the rest of the day off. Mental health, ya know.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Aargh! It’s frustrating to work on technology related issues. I like the speckled background fabric: it’s fun.

Vicki in MN said...

After all that frustration I am glad you were able to have sewing therapy. Your purple twinkle blocks are so sweet.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun project! Hope the engineer finally saw the error:)

sewyouquilt2 said...

I know the feeling.my boss does too.locks with passwords but um i need to know that little secret password dont i. Slapping the side of my head....

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your PURPLE blocks for the RSC turned out quite different from one another, Sara (considering that the same scraps were used!)

Jenny said...

How frustrating for you spending all that work time for nothing. As you say, lucky you with your sewing room so nice and close for some stress relief.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

There's no better stress relief than sewing up some quilt blocks! Just going into the sewing room makes me feel better, hope it does the same for you. Good luck on the spreadsheet.

grammajudyb said...

Great progress in your sewing room, even if your work space was a bust! Good luck with both!

Susie H said...

I think all offices should be have "happy places" located nearby. Stress relief is highly underrated!