Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Guild quilt show - Part 2

 Oh the quilts!!  As always there were so many beautiful quilts to see.  This post is going to be very photo-heavy.  


The Viewer's Choice winner from the quilt show is this sweet quilt with a feminine vintage vibe.  Brenda was also our Featured Quilter this year.  


Viewer's Choice 2nd place was Tammy's heartfelt tribute to her late husband. She made these angel wings from her husband's solid color work shirts.  A local long arm Artist quilted it, and it actually appears to glow around the edges of the wings.  I got tears in my eyes again just thinking about this one.  

I wish I had gotten a photo of the 3rd place quilt and winner as well.  My apologies.


I have a weakness for Kim Diehl fabrics, so this one caught my eye.


Who could pass up these amazing applique feathers!


Whimsical, then traditional, then very modern . . .


Bright colors always draw me in . . . and these pieced diamonds were beautiful.


Christmas is always fun.


The first 2 on the right are examples of Saturday Sampler quilts from past years.


The hand embroidery on this one is stunning, and so is the hand quilting.  

I could go on and on and on, but these are just a few of the highlights.  Our next quilt show will be in 2025.  And in 2024 our guild will host a bus trip shop hop to "somewhere". 

5 comments:

Kate said...

There were certainly some "WOW" quilts in the show.

Vicki in MN said...

Such a fun variety of quilts, congrats to the winners! Those angel wings are amazing, I hope that in some way it brought healing to Tammy's heart as she worked on them.

Nann said...

Thank you for the photos -- what a great variety. I like the two Christmas quilts very much.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful quilts! The Guild has some talented quilters.

Far Side of Fifty said...

They are all awesome! I enjoyed seeing them, they are works of art!