Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2026

A little progress everywhere

Progress is happening on several projects this week, and I actually have one empty project box waiting for something new.

Salt Water Taffy is now a 52 x 64 flimsy. The extra jelly roll strips of the solid colors have been turned into binding.  Yay for an empty project box!!!  Of course there is another possible project waiting to fill up that empty box.   


A good start has been made on quilting the little Halloween runner.  Maybe I'll even get to the binding stage yet today. 
  

My reward for this progress - and for sewing a few purple RSC blocks - was to cut into that squirrel project.  The plaid was "gifted" to me, the brown was a recent purchase, and that blue came out of a scrap bag also gifted to me.  The blue will just pop up randomly.  The tumblers are all cut from 5" strips.  So far there are 2 rows sewn together.  I think this will make an easy lap quilt with a nice masculine feel. 

4 comments:

Kate said...

You have been moving along with your projects. Definitely worth a new start. You've picked some fun fabrics. It definitely has a guy vibe to it. Enjoy your stitching time this week.

Cherie Moore said...

Love the plaid that was gifted (foisted?) on you as it is making a great masculine quilt. I always think of Alycia with her plaid obsession when plaid fabric comes up 😂.

Vicki in MN said...

I am liking the plaid tumblers, perfect for a guy quilt.

Delighted Hands said...

How nice to get the Salt Water Taffy done! The tumblers are looking good!