Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2026

RSC26 - Week #37

This was a crazy week around here, and the weekend will be the same. Two of the grandkids and a dog are staying the weekend while their parents are away.  Dave went to play in a golf tournament all weekend.  During the week I had 2 PT appointments, 2 doctor appointments, 2 grandson football games, and this morning will be attending a funeral rather than going to Saturday Sampler.  Hopefully this afternoon I'll get back in time to drop into our monthly Sew Vintage group.

It was definitely a purple week around here.  Lots of purple came out to play in between other on-going projects.  I can't say often enough that a little time spent cutting parts for these ahead of sewing makes a huge difference in how much I manage to accomplish each week.


There are now 16 Honey Bee blocks, 2 for each month - except for the "pastel" month we did.  Some of my bees already fell into the pastel category.  Now I need to begin thinking about whether or not to divide these blocks into 2 smaller quilts instead of just 1 big one.  That's the direction I'm leaning right now. 


The Scrappy Stars are 9" finished blocks, and I've been making 4 each month.  I must admit that I'm getting excited about putting these together into a quilt - this coming winter.  


So . . . there are lots of colorful Ticker Tape blocks to play with.  I do not plan to sew them together in rows of just one color like this, but it sure helped me see which colors need more blocks made.  I was aiming for 9 of each.  Looks like I really skimped on the red ones.


Only 2 of the Vintage Spools were sewn, and not many RSC blocks have been cut yet for next week.  Cutting is my plan for tomorrow after I've taken the kids and dog back home IF I have the time of course.

Let's go check out more Rainbow fun . . .

No comments: