Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Handwork is relaxing

Marilyn brought our raffle quilt over to my office this afternoon so that I can work on hand stitching the binding down. I only got a quarter of the way around it this evening while watching Survivor and then got distracted watching the news on the tragedy at Ft Hood. My niece's husband is assigned to Ft Hood, so we have them in our prayers.

Once the binding on this quilt is done, I'll pass it along so someone else will put a label on it. But I'll try to remember to snap a photo before I give it up. We really want this quilt ready to go by this next week. Since it's a Christmas quilt it will be good to display it for interested "ticket buyers" as long as possible before the actual holiday.

This makes me want to get my set of blocks put together too. But I've promised myself that I won't start another quilt top until my frosty quilt is put together. Promises are hard to keep sometimes.

No comments: