Sunday, May 2, 2010

Random sewing

It was really nice today to hide in my sewing room for a few hours of "piece" and quiet. I didn't really work on any one project, but instead I worked on little bits of several.


I finished another block for a block exchange. 4 finished and 9 to go before June 15. No problem. This block exchange is using a fun turquoise floral as the focus fabric and 12 of us are making blocks to exchange with each other. A 13th one will go to make a donation quilt for a scholarship fund.


My block for next week's Saturday Sampler is also done. I am loving this pink and brown and cream color combo. This month's block is called Maggie's Wildflowers. This makes 4 of the monthly blocks completed.




I've been playing around with my EQ6 software and figured out how to make a block that I saw some weeks ago on a blog. Of course, I don't remember where I saw it now. But the block is kind of a sunburst pattern. I've picked out some batiks from my stash to use. So far I have only 1 done - in this aqua batik.

















And finally I finished 2 more 8.5 inch blocks using selvages on the diagonal. Then I put the 4 of them together. Not sure yet what future life this will have. This size would work nicely for one side of a bag. or it might be a great start on a quilt top.


2 comments:

  1. Love the blocks!! Can't wait to see the finished quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the blocks are very beautiful! I really like the selvage block a lot, funny how one person's trash is another's treasure!!

    ReplyDelete