Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What's on My Design Wall?



More "attention deficit" sewing going on at my house. I just can't seem to stop myself from starting something new as the inspiration strikes. Oh well . . .


Earlier this spring I bought my first turnover - the Frolic line by Moda. To go with it I recently bought an antique looking beige. I've been working on an asymmetrical quilt top and have just a few blocks left to piece. I have enough to add 1 more to each row on the left side. The plan includes a dark brown narrow inner border and then a wide second border using one of the bright green prints from Frolic.


The other items from Sunday's frantic sewing? Pillowcases made from a cute kid's print. Maybe I'll post those tomorrow.


And I did add the final block to a spring tablerunner and started the hand quilting of that after going to the movies (Letters From Juliet) with Sylvia. I worked on that hand quilting all evening while watching the Survivor season finale on Sunday night and for a little while again Monday night. Maybe it will be ready for binding next week. Here is a sneak peak!






No comments: