Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pinwheel UFO top is done


Another UFO has joined the ranks of "ready to quilt". I made excellent use of my snow day yesterday. Along with a few other smaller projects, I put together this UFO top - a lap sized pinwheel quilt top.


The pinwheel blocks are made from some fat quarters that I bought some years ago on a shop hop bus trip. Naturally I had no idea what I was going to do with them at the time, but just liked the colors. The reds, blues, and golds just caught my eye.


The ladies at The Pin Cushion helped me select a border fabric a few weeks ago. Those gals have such excellent taste, and of course also know what they have in the store that might work. I like this one and it's simple enough that I may try machine quilting it myself. We'll see. I haven't found a back for it yet. But the tops is DONE.

No comments: