Due to the luck of finding some additional yardage of the Wildflower fabrics - I've made a decision on the layout of the friendship exchange blocks. I stopped into the Fabric City shop in Rapid City last week while there for a conference. And they have this little "discount" room with all kinds of items on sale. And there were several bolts of Wildflower in that discount room, so I bought enough of several pieces to use the Super-Sashing layout for this quilt.
A couple of years ago our Saturday Sampler program featured a fun asymmetrical layout. We did our 12 blocks, but also included some extra blocks. Then several of the blocks are framed with this super-sized sashing - each one a unique pattern.
I've made one extra block so far, and also framed 2 of the exchange blocks in super-sashing. So I need to make the rest of the extra blocks, and put together the rest of the super-sashing sets.
It's a great start, and my goal is to have the top finished by the end of April.