Thursday, March 8, 2012


I have decided to make a substitution in my Fat Quarter Stars blocks. One of the early blocks was done using templates and my block just didn't turn out the right size.

After one more unsuccessful attempt (which didn't lay flat), I decided to make a substitution.

This block was called Ribbon Star and was from another star block series I've been watching online. I had printed out the instructions and it seemed to fit in nicely with my other blocks. I am much happier now.

Next step will be to play with layout ideas. Moose on the Porch has posted her layout and it includes framing each block with a narrow border of background and then a second narrow border of color. Then she added sashing and wide borders. I'm thinking some variation of that will be my final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment