Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Not a very productive week

I have not stepped foot in my sewing room all week and it makes me sad.  I'm really ready to work on a fun project - any fun project. But I've promised myself that I need to finish some things first. 

So, (thanks to some time as a passenger on a work related road trip) another small UFO is done.  This one is nearly a twin to the last 60-degree runner.  The only noticeable difference is the binding. This binding is slightly darker than the other one.  So now I have 2 of them - one to keep for myself and one to give away as a gift or maybe even to sell.

And I pulled out a summer table runner I started last summer and worked on that this week.  It is a big watermelon slice.  I had put the top together, appliqued the seeds on it, and started some hand quilting.  But I set it aside and it became a UFO.  So this week I've finished the hand quilting on the watermelon area and just need to finish up the tan and blue border areas.  Then I can bind it and hopefully use it on my dining room table for most of August.  Maybe finishing this needs to be next week's only goal.

No comments: