Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

More guild stars

Six of my Guild Stars are done!  I still have 4 more 6" squares from the quilt guild to turn into these cute stars.  Then I will be all caught up and ready for more stars in the future.

I posted a couple of days ago about the special tradition that the Heartland Quilters Guild has. When members travel and have the opportunity to get to a quilt shop, they bring back fabric for the other members. Each member gets a 6" square.

After 3 months as a member I already have 10 squares and they are just too pretty to cute into smaller pieces.  So I needed to come up with some idea to use them whole. And, as my regular readers know, I love star blocks.

My first month as a member, one of the ladies brought in a large quilt she had made out of the squares she had been collecting. It was a wonderful design - with each 6" square cut in half and a narrow black strip inserted. Then the new blocks were all put together with the black strips turned opposite ways. Very scrappy looking and very beautiful.

1 comment:

Anya said...

What a wonderful tradition! Great idea!