Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Planning Day

Today is a planning day - not a sewing day. Partly because I have a lot of projects that need some planning and organizing - and partly because I'm going to play some golf this afternoon while we have a gorgeous day.

One of the projects I have to work on soon is a baby quilt that I am making for one of my cousins as a gift she wants for a good friend.  This is the design I've come up with so far. I drew this up on EQ6. The border fabric will be a soft blue baby print with tans/browns/greens/blues in a jungle print. I'm hoping she likes this design so that I can get started on it. Or we may start from scratch with a new design. That's OK too.

The other planning I've been doing today is finishing up my UFO list for our quilt guild challenge. I know it doesn't reflect every single project laying in a drawer or box in my sewing room. But it covers most.  Right now I have 26 UFOs listed, plus 7 quilts that just need binding and a label, plus 5 more that need quilting, binding, and label.  And I've added 15 more projects that have been purchased but not started.  So . . . that is 53 projects total that will be on my radar for the next 12 months.

I'll turn in a copy of this list at next week's guild meeting. And I'm posting this list in my sewing room above my cutting table . . . here I will have to look at it every time I'm in there!  I'm hoping it is inspiration to get things finished.

No comments: