Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fabric choices

This is the fabric we finally purchased for the quilt for the twin boy due in a few weeks.  It just arrived in the mail.  The twin girl quilt is already made, but this one was more difficult to choose fabric that seemed just right.

This is a Timeless Treasure print. I will cut the jungle print strips to make the Quick Strippie pattern just like the owl quilt I made about a month ago. Yesterday I stopped at The Pin Cushion and picked up a black and a cheddar for the strips that will separate the critter strips.

Maybe I'll even cut this out tonight.

The Quick Strippie pattern is a simple design created by Mary and can be found at this link.  This will be a slight variation because the wide strips will be narrower than the pattern, so I will need more rows. But it comes out so cute and so fast.
http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/

1 comment:

Nancy said...

The fabric is adorable and will be perfect for a little boy.