Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sashing & binding

Yesterday I worked on 2 of my February UFO goals.

First I made the binding for the Hugs & Kisses quilt and sewed it on. So that one just needs the handwork done and a label. No rush though since it doesn't have a "home" yet.

Then I made the sashing sections for the Terrain version of Fat Quarter Stars. I fussy cut the cornerstones from scraps left over from one of the Terrain fabrics. And I used the same white background as I used in all of the blocks.

Now I'm ready to put the rows together.  That will happen AFTER I rearrange a couple of blocks.  I didn't notice the 2 top center blocks were the same shape until looking at the photo this morning. So one of those 2 blocks needs to move to a new spot - maybe the bottom right corner.

Funny how you forget some details when a project lays around too long. I actually had 13 blocks made. I substituted a different star block for one that I had trouble making.  That troublesome block is pretty, but it was too small. So it is destined for some other life.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Why not put the troublesome block on the back as a label that way you don't have an orphan hanging around.

I love anything blue, but this quilt top is fabulous!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is so pretty! Those fussy cut cornerstones add so much. I am constantly amazed by what I catch on camera that I can't see in real life... I've started taking pics of most everything as a final proof.

Jill said...

This is beautiful! I love the fussy-cut cornerstones.

Kate said...

Very pretty. I love the your blue and white color combo. I made a black and red version of those Fat Quarter Star blocks. I had a hard time with the layout, it took me awhile to come up with one that balanced out all the star shapes.

Gari in AL said...

I love your blue and white quilt. I have never made one, usually I am into really bright colors, but that looks so cool and yet sweet. Hum.....