Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week 9 Status of the Stash

Last week I bragged that I was ahead of the stash by a yard. But that was before setting up a better system of keeping track, which for me is a spreadsheet. OK, I'll confess that I am a computer geek who loves playing with data. And once I added up all of the yardage on the sales slips in my folder, I was "off" just a little which is now corrected.

So now that I have a more accurate accounting, here is the result:

In this week: 6.5 yds
In this year: 44.25 yds
Used this week: 7.25 yds
Used this year: 43.5 yds

Status of the Stash: -.75 yards (stash is really slightly ahead)

No guilt allowed about my purchases this week.  1.5 yards was for a baby quilt for my new grandson due in June, so that will get used soon.  And I bought 5 yards of fabric to use in the pattern test project and used up at least 4 of that in the flimsy itself. And I'm counting it even though it's just a top.  I think going forward that I'll count the fabric used for tops when they reach that flimsy stage, and then add in the backing and binding only when it is totally finished.  By counting the flimsy it may keep me motivated to push those block sets into tops ready to be quilted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive😄

Ramona said...

Great idea! We need all the motivation we can get sometimes.