Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

An Old UFO

This is one of my oldest UFOs.  This top has been hanging in my closet for about 5 years, but the pieced blocks are actually from a 2003 Saturday Sampler.  That is 13 years!


And I know exactly why this became a 13 year old UFO - it is flannel, and I really don't enjoy sewing on flannel. It stretches, it creates a ton of fuzz, and it's heavy.  In this case I made it twin size wide but extra long. 

A couple of days ago I did some cleaning in my sewing room and found 3 yards of a black flannel with tiny pink flowers and green leaves. Digging further revealed 3 yards of a forest green flannel. The 2 seemed to be coordinating colors but come from different manufacturers. Did I purchase these for backing? I have no idea. But those 6 yards were just enough to make a pieced backing for this quilt. 


This will go to be quilted sometime in the next few days, and I'm hoping this will be the first finish of 2016.



1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Congratulations on tackling this teenaged UFO. Finding the yardage for backing was not a coincidence.

You listed all the reasons that I dislike working with flannel. I avoid it whenever I can.