Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter sunrise table runners


There are 2 of these sunrise table runners - appliqued, pin basted the layers together, and ready to quilt. But I'm just not sure what I want to do with them in terms of quilting.  Help??

I plan to use black thread to quilt up against the edges of the black silhouettes at both ends. And I'm thinking that I'll do some simple straight line quilting radiating from the crosses to look kind of like rays of the sun. But should I use black thread for that or a rich gold/yellow thread for those rays?

Or is there some other quilting design I should use? I'm kind of stumped on this one and would welcome some ideas.

2 comments:

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I love it!!!

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful runners. No advice from me about quilting, but I like your idea of having rays from the cross like the sun.