Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A productive morning


My new part time job has been a few more hours per week than I was hoping lately. But this morning I had "off" - really just waiting for some work to come my way.  But I took advantage of it and spent a couple of hours in my sewing room.  First of all, I finished 2 of the pillowcases I cut and pinned the other day. 


Then I worked on the Sew-Along bag using these fabrics. The outside of the bag is quilted and trimmed to size. The sides are sewn together and ready to go. The bindings are all pressed and ready to use. And I prepped the lining pieces by ironing on the interfacing pieces. So now it is time for zippers. Maybe tomorrow?


And I added 2 more vertical rows to my Traveling Stars quilt. There are only 2 more to go and this queen size quilt is probably the biggest one I've made in a couple of years. I really want this top done this week but we'll see how the week goes. It's beyond time to get this WIP finished.


2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Isn't it fun to sneak a couple of hours in the sewing room? Love the latest projects, too. The telephone fabric is cheerful and fun.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Those pillowcases are so cute I love the fabrics! We have been going to ballgames so my sewing time is limited. The last games are tonight so that will change...next week!