Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

Design Wall Monday - Retail therapy

 
What is everyone working on this morning? I've unpacked and sorted my purchases from this past weekend's bus trip shop hop.  It's always good therapy to admire and "pet" my new fabric purchases.
 
An amazing and inspirational trunk show, great company, tasty food, someone else driving, and retail therapy - all made for a really fun 3-day weekend.  Our guild bus trip to Missouri Star Quilt Company was a huge success according to the comments we heard all weekend.  We also stopped at a shop in Iowa and one in Cameron, MO on the way there, as well as a shop in Omaha on the way home. 
 
I unpacked my purchases last night after getting home and this morning organized everything so I could remember what I purchased, and for what projects. Most of it has now moved from my kitchen counter down to my sewing room.  Here's a little run down of the goodies I came home with:
  • 2 pattern books & 3 patterns
  • 2 different possible border fabrics for a wide border on a finished quilt top
  • 1 pillow kit & pattern (pink pineapples)
  • 4 Row By Row license plates & 3 of the kits
  • a Thanksgiving themed panel with fat quarters to make a piano key border
  • Christmas strip set for new stocking for daughter #2 family
  • lots of "kid prints" for pillowcases & small zipper bags for the grandkids and others
  • 1 pillowcase kit
  • 1 jelly roll
  • 2 charm packs
 
Check out the Design Wall Monday post at:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The fun part of retail therapy is that you remember the fun trip whenever you see the items. It looks like you are going to have some wonderful items to trigger those memories. Enjoy!

Ramona said...

You scored on your bus trip! Looking forward to seeing all of these projects as you work on them.

Moneik said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm glad you had so much fun. MO Star is on my bucket list and we were in MO this weekend, but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe next time.