Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Missouri Star or Bust

 
Two Missouri Star or Bust blocks are done and ready for the guild bus trip this coming weekend.   Our guild sponsors a shop hop bus trip every 2 years, and this time we are going to Hamilton, MO to visit the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  The bus full of eager quilters will be on the road at 7:00 AM Friday morning.  We chose the Ohio Star block in patriotic colors as our official "trip block" this year, since we knew we wanted to use a star of some kind.
 
We usually choose or design a block for participants to make and bring. Each block turned in as they get on the bus earns them 1 entry into a drawing to win a set of the blocks.  On our last trip we made pine trees because the trip was to 7 Black Hills quilt shops. I was lucky and won a set and turned them into a fun little quilt that we enjoy by the living room fireplace.  One of my regular readers, Nancy, suggested adding a cabin or house block. So this quilt became Cottage in the Woods.  I love it.  And I hope I'm lucky again this year and win some patriotic blocks!
 

 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Sending good vibes that your name is drawn for some Missouri Star blocks. The Fiber Guild here is taking a road trip to a woolen mill next month. I hope we can get some fun activities planned for the bus ride. Thanks for the ideas.

I can see why you love he Cottage in the Woods quilt: it's a beauty!

Moneik said...

Good luck! Sounds like a fun trip. I'm rather jealous because I've always wanted to go there and because we'll be in MO this weekend as well, but not enough time/money to go that far out of the way. Plus it's no fun with my hubby and MIL waiting for me. I need time!