Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2017

A small finish

 
This little finish is only 12" x 16".  It's totally made from trimmed half square triangles from the Farmhouse Stars wall hanging.  I still have a few more HST that I could have used, but I just liked the rectangular look of this. It's a good size for a candle mat.
 
Farmhouse Stars is now a flimsy and I found a backing fabric in the stash yesterday. I need to check my batting leftovers to see if I have something big enough to use. If not, then I guess I'll need to buy some batting. I'm planning to begin quilting it over the weekend when the daily high for a couple of days could be below zero. I've challenged myself to finish it completely before I can start any new projects.
 
As for "nearly done" items - I have the fabric to add a couple of borders to a previous Saturday Sampler quilt.  And I have the last 2 blocks to make for our current Saturday Sampler yet.
 

3 comments:

Ramona said...

It's such a pretty mini. I love the "free" quilts made from trimmed HST's. I look forward to seeing your finish after the weekend. Stay warm!

woolyjooly said...

Nice!!

Tired Teacher said...

Very nice! Can you believe that some people actually throw the "waste" HSTs away? Silly, silly people.