Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

AWOL


I've been missing from my blog for a week, and it was a good week.  On Sunday morning I left with a friend to drive 7 hours east to Iowa to visit a dear friend who moved there this past summer. Another girlfriend had planned to go too but was sick and couldn't go. We missed having her with us.

We went to a couple of quilt shops and some other interesting places in Marion and Cedar Rapids. Had lunch on Tuesday at Ramsey's Bistro - YUM! Went to the Amana Colonies. Attended a Lindsey Stirling concert. And relaxed with our feet up and a glass of wine in her living room. It was wonderful to just have time to talk and catch up.  Another road trip needs to happen in the spring.


2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I love that you and your girlfriends planned a trip to reconnect. Keeping long-distance friendships alive takes a concerted effort.

Jean said...


Good you could connect. If you were in Marion you weren't far from where I live. I've never heard from your friend regarding joining our quilt guild, since she moved here. You had good travel days.