Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Simple Whatnots

 
There isn't a lot to show yet for Farmhouse Stars (Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots), but at least I've begun to make a little progress.  There will be 34 more of these blocks. So far I have made 25 of the upper sections with the 3 brown squares.  All of the pieces for all of the blocks are cut and ready.
 
This was the Simple Whatnots project that I've been most excited about in this series. I love the look of this one.  Like all of Kim Diehl's patterns, this one has a zillion little pieces.  But results are worth it. 
 
I don't anticipate getting much more of this done right away because it's going to be a busy week.  We have a wedding to attend Saturday and then Sunday morning I'm leaving with 2 girlfriends to drive to Iowa to visit a friend who moved in August.  We're really looking forward to that road trip and seeing a dear friend that we miss.

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Love the block, but I can see how piddly it probably is to piece. Have fun visiting your friend. That's always good for the heart.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Cute blocks!

Tired Teacher said...

Nice! It looks like the blocks could form a star with a secondary design. The block looks like a scrap buster, too.

cityquilter grace said...

i love this...am a kim diehl fan as well...lots of fabrics means lots of interest....very nice blocks...

MDTerp said...

Where can I get this pattern? It's magnificent!