Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Oh look - a squirrel


I'm like a dog on a leash, walking along the path - when suddenly it sees a squirrel in the woods. And it's off chasing that squirrel.  My squirrel today was the leftover jelly roll laying on my cutting table. I dug into it for one of the Christmas stockings, and it was calling to me. Too cute to just put into the Christmas drawer.  I bought the jelly roll (Greetings by Kaye England for Wilmington Prints) at Missouri Star Quilt Co when I was there in August, and then a friend gave me some 2.5" squares from the same line. I used the squares, plus some of the jelly roll in the first stocking. 

The quilt block was something I saw online this week and have no idea what it's called.  No sizes were given either, so I just did the math for a 12" finished block and an 8" finished block. The Christmas blocks are the 8".  And the blue and white block below is a 12" block.  I'm thinking the 12" block may be perfect for a future Quilt of Valor.  I dug into the scraps for this one.  It is such an easy block - made with 4-patches, and half log cabins.  I love it - but I also need to finish those darn Christmas stockings before I get too carried away. 


3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Oooh, I love that block and would be chasing that squirrel, too! The blocks would make a fabulous QOV.

Sherry said...

What a great block! I really like how the Christmas blocks look so far.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

That might be a good scrap block!