Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Saturday Sampler progress

 
Chasing Fireflies - isn't that a fun name for a block?  This is the second block in our latest Saturday Sampler project which is called Summer Watermelon Sampler.  The first block was Lucky Ladybug. 
 
We chose our own fabrics this time and were encouraged to "shop our stash". Since my stash has a LOT of black and white prints and a LOT of batiks, those were my choices for this one. Each month we do 2 variations of the block.  I've decided that each month I'll try to make one version a darker one and the other a lighter version. Some of the prints have a little black on white, and others are reversed with just a little white on the black.  And I'll switch up the batik colors. This may be a crazy looking quilt.


2 comments:

Ramona said...

I like where this is going! And your block really looks like fireflies!

Tired Teacher said...

Nice! I love both the dark and light versions of the two designs. I don't think it's going to be a crazy-looking quilt: it's going to be colorful and interesting.