Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2019

A brand new bag



I've just finished another Sew Together bag - number 13.  This one was completely made from the scrap bins and leftovers from other projects.  For example, the end panels of the bag were from a recent backing used on a quilt. 


The inside of this one makes me think of lemonade with that bright yellow print.  The green binding strips were leftover binding already cut and ready to use. How handy was that? 




That yellow and lime green are just perfect to go with the cocktail print.  I have enough of the cocktail print left to make several more bags, or to use in some other way.  It's left from a 60 degree runner I made a couple of summers ago.  It was so cute I bought way more than I knew I needed for the runner. 


The first dozen of these bags . . . were in a wide variety of fabrics and colors.  Some were sold, some were gifted.  I am using 2 of them, and have one left to sell - plus this new one.  And now I've pulled together enough fabrics and zippers to get a good start on a second dozen.  Just call me crazy!!



5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Your bags are fantastic - colorful, cheerful and so useful.

Ramona said...

Love this one!! I really enjoy making these bags, too, but haven't made a dozen.... yet! I think I'm up to eight. Looking forward to seeing your next dozen!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a wonderful project, it would drive me nuts as a no sewing person...I do appreciate that not everyone can sew...but you sure can!

woolyjooly said...

I love my bag! And the 4 friends (all knitters) in MN love theirs too!

Moneik said...

Once you make one they do become fairly easy to make. It's that first one that tripped me up. I think I've made 6 or 8 in both the original and smaller size.