Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Apple Baskets - a little progress


Work has kept me out of the sewing room for the most part this week. But I did get a little time at the end of the day yesterday.  I made 5 tiny flying geese to join 2 of the apple basket blocks. These flying geese are 1.5" x 2.5" which is very typical of Kim Diehl's patterns.  


Three more of those geese sashing units to make, and then I can add the simple borders to this one.  I really think this is one of my favorite Kim Diehl designs.  

I'm really looking forward to Friday and Saturday this week because I'm going to be taking a quilt class.  I did my homework for the class last night, which was to cut strips of various sizes from my light grey background and 8 fat quarters of hot pink Kaffe prints.   

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I can see why you like this design: it's charming. Have fun in your class.

Moneik said...

Have a great time at your class! I'm sure you'll learn lots.