Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

January 2021 - goals, goals, goals

 Happy New Year!!!

A new year with a clean calendar just begs to have something penciled in doesn’t it?  I’ve been planning an "organization" goal for each month based on the new storage challenge APQ UFO Challenge has added for 2021.  Even if it inspires just a little change for me, I'll be better off.  Check out the link below for the information and downloadable project sheets.


I've ordered 2 of these Scrapbook Carts to meet my January organization goal.  Each cart holds 6 removable 12x12 projects boxes.  I think the carts will stack (hopefully) if I leave the wheels off one of them, and should fit nicely in a corner next to the big antique dresser in my sewing room.  The plan is to put all "current" quilting projects in those boxes - with labels - so they are front and center, and easily pulled out to work on or take somewhere.  

Pick a PIG was something I started doing last year and it worked for me.  Every month I chose 1 PIG (projects in grocery sacks) to work on.  Ironically most of the PIGS from 2020 were started and finished in short order, mainly because I chose small projects.  But this year I've added a couple of large quilt kits from my PIG list to my priority list, like this Bargello kit. 


And then there are the specific goals for the month of January.  The list is long, so I already know I won't meet them all, but every forward step is a success.


And how ironic that the January number drawn for the APQ UFO Challenge was #7.  Unity was the priority project for that number (big asterisk), and the PIG was a Sew Together bag.  Both of those projects were front and center in my plans anyway.  The 3rd project listed is one I may never manage to finish.  It's been on my UFO list for about 10 years with very little forward progress made. 

·       Saturday Sampler – January sections

·       Cut out 1 Simple Whatnots project

·       UFO Challenge project #7

o   Unity – finish Round #4

o   1 Sew Together bag

·       Ritzy Cracker – sew “2-sies” into “4-sies”

·       Harry Potter pillowcases

o   1 for Mason

o   2 for Steph’s kids

·       Organizing

o   Set up new project cabinet

o   Clean cutting station AGAIN

o   Label the drawers that were sorted by color

·       Quilt, bind, finish the following:

o   Gnome table runner

o   Blue Snowflake runner

o   2 Winter Moose table runners

·       Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021- PINK

o   Wisdom – 5 blocks

o   Gingham – 2 blocks + 4 green frames

o   Blossom Time – 5 blocks

o   Diamond Tile – 2 blocks

o   Ohio Star – 1 or 2 blocks (to make quilt bigger)

o   String blocks – 4 or more

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

sounds like great plans!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

A fresh start for a new year - it’s a wonderful motivator.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those carts should work great for you! You will be a busy lady!