Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Organizing projects

One small step is done towards better organization and simplifying my sewing space.  My project carts were delivered yesterday and I spent a couple of hours moving projects and labeling these boxes.  


I left the wheels off of the carts so that I could stack them more easily.  Each of the 12 "drawers" in this cart is actually a removable project box.   In spite of how my photo looks, the boxes are all the same size - and the same size as many that I already had.  So I've labeled a lot of other project boxes, but my plan is to keep some of the current UFO, WIP, and PIG projects in this cart where they are easy to see and access.  There is still a TON of work to do to clean up and organize that room (and my stash), but I'm one step closer.


A little bit of sewing happened as well.  Online at https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2020/12/string-block-tutorial.html  a beautiful quilt made with string blocks that had a neutral half and a color half.  Her blocks were small and used narrow strings but I have a lot of wider strings in the bins, so my blocks are 9.5" square.  But putting 4 together with the color meeting in the middle, an 18" block is created.  Several of these would make a nice size donation quilt.  

Now today I need to catch up at work so I can take another afternoon off to sew later in the week. 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those carts should work well for you! Very pretty quilt block!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The carts will certainly keep your projects visible and close at hand. I think you’ll like them.

Moneik said...

Love the organizing carts. I have one in my sewing room, but it doesn't seem to house the projects I am actually working on. It has the kids boxes and my thread box. I need to get better at organizing as I spent a lot of time the other night looking for "recent" projects I had cut out.