Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

More organizing

Somewhere in my sewing room was a gallon ziplock baggie full of zippers.  Where had I put it last spring when I made the most recent Sew Together bags?  I needed to find the zippers to see if I had a purple one long enough for the next Sew Together bag.  And the search caused a little more organizing to occur, which is good.


And yes - I found the bag of zippers and yes, there was a long purple one just perfect for the next Sew Together bag.  The kit was something I put together a couple of weeks ago, along with sorting the parts and pieces for a couple more.  The Laurel Burch fabrics are all so wonderful and I've been hoarding this cat print for just the right project.  This should be a very cute bag. 

I had this lovely big basket up on a shelf and now it's holding the kits I've gathered for bags and aprons.  Tucked into the front is a ziplock bag full of the zipper pulls and other things I've purchased to use with bags.  And there is still room to add all the zippers, so everything is together but not in a messy pile.


When I found the zippers in a drawer, hiding under it was another gallon bag holding a forgotten project called Bricks and Stepping Stones.  These blocks were a wrinkly mess, but I pressed them and they look pretty good.  The "bricks" are all children's prints left over from baby quilts and burb cloths I made over the years.  This could be an I Spy kind of quilt once it's done.  


And in the bag with the blocks was this big stack of bricks, already cut and there was a photo of a finished quilt that I had obviously printed off the Internet so I would remember what I was making.  I'm wondering if maybe this quilt belonged to Lorri 2 R's, and that I "borrowed" her photo.  


Bricks and Stepping Stones is one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns found on her website.  Go to: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html .  It's made with 2" squares or strips of black and white to make 4-patches (3.5" size), and 3.5" by 6.5" rectangles.  It's a simple pattern and the bricks are cut, so it's going onto my UFO list so it has a chance of being completed.   

4 comments:

Moneik said...

I immediately thought it looked like a Lorri 2 R's quilt. She's made several bricks and stepping stones quilts. I had the same hunt for my zipper pouch a few months ago. I finally found it... and the zippers I knew I had weren't in it. They were with the fabric, so another hunt until I found them. I had all my zippers in a Sew Together bag, but they outgrew that bag, so they are in a big ziplock now.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The cats are so colorful! They will make up nicely!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Bricks and Stepping Stones is a fun pattern and a scrap buster. I’ve made two or three of them. The large basket is perfect for corralling bagged projects.

Kate said...

That is going to be a very fun bag. And yeah for organizing and finding forgotten treasures. Though it's always a bit sad when you have to add those forgotten treasures to the UFO list.