Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Spring decorating

 The big round coffee table in my living room has had a puzzle going on it continuously since last March. Not the same puzzle of course, but lots and lots of different ones in succession. There is a huge stack of puzzle boxes on a shelf in the basement storage area.  They helped keep me sane!!


The most recent puzzle was completed over the weekend, so it seemed like a perfect time to turn it back into a coffee table instead of a puzzle table.  A spring quilt and a little Easter décor looks better than the puzzle pieces.


My dining room table has one of my favorite Easter mini quilts on it.  This was a project at The Pin Cushion many years ago.  I do need to take the big snowflake quilt off the wall in the dining room and put up something more spring-like.  That will require corralling my tall husband to help.


The bunny applique is even fuzzy,  and the bow by his ears is 3-D.  


The Easter table runner that has the Ombre background and the black silhouette is hanging from the quilt rack in the living room this year.  That silhouette is repeated at both ends, and the simple black quilting lines radiate out from the large cross.  I made 3 of these and gave one to each of my girls too. 

There are a couple of things still hanging around in places like fireplace mantles (we have 2) that have a wintery vibe to them, and I'm promising myself to put those items away by the weekend.  It's time for spring around here!!

7 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The bunny is adorable and cheerful. The only seasonal decorations I display are the outdoor barn quilt blocks, house flags and wreaths.

chrisknits said...

I still have my Patty's Day decor out, will change over on March 30th to Spring and Easter. Love your pieces!! That bunny is too cute!!

Moneik said...

It looks very springy! I need to take down my valentine's stuff and put up my spring/summer decorations.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That bunny is so cute and I love the Mount Calvary Quilt...perfect quilting lines !!

Astrid said...

Love your cheerful yellow quilt, and the bunny is sooo cute!

Vicki in MN said...

Your bunny topper is so sweet, I just want to squeeze him!!

Kate said...

Love your spring quilts. That bunny is just way too cute!