Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Still organizing and still finding things

 One step at a time, but I'm slowly trying to get my fabric and tools under control.  It hasn't been easy, but it has been interesting - because I keep finding things that I didn't remember having.


Recently I made a bag using a Laurel Burch cat fabric that had been hiding in a drawer. Well, now I've found a dog fabric from Laurel Burch.  This fat quarter was in a shopping bag, in the bottom of a drawer - with other forgotten fabrics.  This little fat quarter went right into the basket with my bag kits because I think it needs to become a bag at some point.  I love her whimsical prints!

And what other forgotten fabrics were in that bag, you ask?  


This "collection" was in the bag.  Five fat quarters and some yardage - but no pattern!!  What did I plan to make with this?  I have no idea.  How long ago did I buy this?  Again, I have no idea.

The large floral on the bottom is an Eleanor Burns print and there are 2 yards.  The others appear to be Moda, and some of the selvages say "Sweet Romance".  There is only 1 yard of the next pink floral in the stack.  I definitely need some ideas of what to make with these and I'm open to suggestions.  Maybe I need to just find a new home for the whole collection.  

This is WHY I found this bag of forgotten fabric . . . I'm reorganizing this drawer unit to hold my batiks.  The fabrics above were in the second drawer along with some other odds and ends of fabric.  


Now that second drawer has been cleaned out and designated for yellow, gold, and brown batiks.  The third drawer down is going to hold reds and orange.  Currently there are a lot of pink in there too. But once I move the Kim Diehl scraps out of the top drawer, then pink and purple will go there, leaving the bottom drawer for blue and green.  Notice how that blue and green drawer will no longer close.  

Those Kim Diehl scraps will move into a different drawer unit but also needs some organization before that happens.  One drawer at a time, right?  

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

nice finds...it is soo freeing to have things organized....makes sewing time so much more enjoyable...

Nann said...

Serendipity! A nice re-discovery.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The “collection” is beautiful: it reminds me of an English garden. Looks like you’re making a lot of progress with your organization efforts.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Just like Christmas!

Moneik said...

Love the Laurel Birch dogs! It will make a cute bag indeed. I have found bags of fabric I didn't remember buying too. I always find interesting finds like this when I go in the crawl space.