Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Urban Cabin progress

Urban Cabin is a UFO that has spent several years hidden in a box, with only 2 blocks made.  And today I'm please to say there are 20 of the 25 blocks made with the other 5 prepped and ready to sew.  Hopefully I can sew those tomorrow morning before heading to our granddaughter's birthday celebration - assuming the winter storm hasn't hit yet.  


I also have the 2.5" cream border cut that will go on 3 of the 4 sides.  The far left side doesn't get a cream border since all 5 blocks already have the background on the edge.  Then the final border will need a possible purchase, because there was nothing in that project box for a wide border.  And I haven't found anything appropriate in my stash for the border either.  However, I think there are enough jelly roll scraps to use for a scrappy binding.  

I've set a goal to finish this top by the end of next weekend.  That is reasonable, right? 

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

like this a lot...

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I like that pattern!

The storm moved in today and will set her for two days. Blizzard warning has been issued and a prediction of 20-30” of snow. It’s been a long time since that much snow fell here in one storm. I’m ready. My Mom always said it was better to be over prepared than get caught unprepared.

chrisknits said...

I have my #11 ready to quilt, just need to firm up my quilting plans and sandwich it. Which takes longer than it should because I procrastinate! Maybe tomorrow?

Kate said...

Wow you really moved along on that UFO project. Looking good!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

From two to twenty is awesome Sara! You'll have this quilt top done in no time and it is going to be beautiful!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is working up nicely! That sounds like a big storm, hope it escapes you!